Tuesday 20 March 2012

The School Year Has Begun + Just a Thought...


About School:

I'm still here, but am getting increasingly busy, which means that I will be tight on time. Being in school, however, will give me some things to talk about.

Just a thought:

I attended a conference on teaching and learning in the university environment. A session I sat in on about writing left me with something valuable. The facilitator presented the perspective that writing is much more than presenting one's stance or view - it is actually more of a tool in which we use to think. So rather than having writing as the end product only, it is also part of the process.

I've fallen into the trap of requiring too much of the 'end product' part, and not enough of the 'process' part.

In my increasing knowledge of race and gender and how that fits into my experience as a person, I hope to use this vehicle of blogging to work out some of those difficult concepts, interact with the discourse in more participatory ways, and take my thoughts beyond the 'thought' stage and into a tangible stance.

With that being said, I plan on posting a lot less pop and a lot more of my sociological perspective on topics that interest me. I hope that you will follow me along for the ride and participate.

In the meantime, enjoy the beginning of the school year!

No comments:

Post a Comment